This fast-paced digital-first agency has grown from to more than 40 staff in the space of four years and specialises in the higher education marketplace. Based in the heart of Brighton, our close-knit team thrives on continually exceeding client expectations. We are looking for an experienced Account Director to work with our Creative Team to design, plan and deliver highly creative, innovative, and brand campaigns and creative projects tailored to their clients’ marketing needs.
You will work closely and collaboratively with our Creative Lead and Creative Team (currently comprising 1 Senior Creative Designer, 2 Creative Designers, 1 Project Manager and 1 Project Executive) to build and recommend the best solutions for your clients.
You will need to prove that you have had at least five years of managing several multi stakeholder external clients through the delivery of creative projects in an advertising/creative agency environment. This will include evidence of building close bonds with clients, successfully understanding their needs and the needs of their consumers, contributing to the strategy and development of creative and campaigns, and ensuring that the project retains its creative integrity whilst balancing the needs of an often-diverse group of stakeholders. In addition, you will need to prove that you have gravitas with clients and that you are able to give clear opinion and feedback which is well received. You will need to show that you have led & directed client meetings with a range of stakeholders including effective agenda setting, providing inspirational and engaging presentations that build trust and confidence and have managed a diverse range of multi-platform projects to time and budget.
CREATIVE CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
You will need to show that you have had at least years’ experience of shaping and overseeing creative campaigns. These campaigns could include a variety of formats including … and beyond! These campaigns need to be strategic, creative, innovative in their approach and based on client outcomes. You will also need to demonstrate understanding of different platforms and ability to understand how different creative campaigns support and integrate with each other to deliver on your clients’ needs.
MARKET AND BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE
You will be expected to have deep understanding of youth marketing. Previous experience of working with or within Higher Education is advantageous but not essential. We will need to see that you understand the business beyond your role within it. This includes an understanding of the whole process – tenders, pitches, financial, targets and reporting. You will need strong relationships with the senior team. Your numeracy and administrative skills need to be of a high level.
You will be responsible for contributing to and overseeing Education Cubed’s response to a brief, the scale of which will range from the production of digital assets to support a media campaign all the way through to developing a new brand for a university. You will also be responsible for supporting the completion of tender bids, working closely with our Bid Writing Team.
You will need evidence that you have managed projects and people. Ideally directly managed people but organising staff from different teams to deliver against a project is critical. You need to demonstrate that you have garnered respect with colleagues.
- Taking a robust brief from your client. You will ask the right questions, at the right time, to the right people. And you’ll be able to communicate that brief to your team in a way that empowers them to produce great work.
- Collaborate with our Creative Lead, Head of Product, Head of Planning and Chief Strategy Officer to apply research and insight to the development of Education Cubed’s creative response. You will ensure that your client’s needs are in mind every step of the way.
- Work with our Project Manager and Account Management Team to ensure that the creative team have the time and resources they need to deliver great work. Oversee the prioritisation and reprioritisation of the tasks needed to deliver to multiple deadlines.
- Oversee and contribute to Education Cubed’s creative response to a tender or pitch – you will collaborate with the Creative Team, Bid Writers and Account Managers to deliver a concept that wows, pitched in an unforgettable way.
- Proactively supports the development and growth of creative accounts
- Delivers work with clarity and integrity to ensure that the agency’s reputation and quality standards are maintained
- Produce clear, informative, and inspiring proposals and present them with knowledge and confidence
- Demonstrates a strategic understanding of all channels and has an excellent understanding of brand development.
- Shows mastery of account management tasks and ensures team follows process/meets client service promises.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of the delivery/production process for all channels. Actively shares this knowledge with junior members ensuring projects are delivered seamlessly, resolving issues efficiently and with minimal support from senior management.
- Monitors quality of briefs produced by the team and outputs produced against those briefs.
- Presents strong and logical cases when seeking to persuade clients and colleagues.
- Knowledge of the higher education sector
- Multi-channel experience
- Degree level qualification/s
- Good knowledge of current industry creative work
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off, plus 8 bank holidays
- Private health plan
- Regular team building and away days
- Excellent career prospects
- Career development plan
- Fun working environment
- Flexible working hours and from home
If you think you have what we’re looking for, we’d like to hear from you. Please send a CV and short cover letter explaining why you’re suitable for the role to email@example.com.
Right to Work checks will be carried out with all individuals selected for interviews.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.